The aim of the Miataphiles of London is to bring together Miata and MX-5 owners who live in London and its surrounding communities for fun social events with fellow enthusiasts. We are an informal group with no membership fees or executive committee. Club communication is through our forum.
Almost all of our activities are organized by members who volunteer to lead an event, and could include a day tour, a morning brunch, lunch, dinner, BBQ, ice cream run, weekend tour, tech day or any other activity that might be of interest to other members.
Some of our current events include,
- Cars & Cones, a weekly drive from London to Port Stanley and then to Shaw’s Ice Cream in St. Thomas
- Track nights at the Grand Bend Motorplex
- Lunch at the Cowbell Brewing Co. in Blythe, Ontario
- Thursday Country Cruizin’ cruise nights at the Plunkett Estate, just west of London
- Eat and Run Sunday, a brunch at the Katana Kafé, next to the London International Airport
- Forza Motorsport 5 Challenge (Xbox One racing)
We are fortunate to receive financial support from Mazda Canada to fund prizes and our annual events, including,
- Blahs Bash party held in February to dispel those mid-winter blues
- October End of Season Dinner at the Mandarin Restaurant in London
- Friday the 13th Tour and Dinner in St. Thomas
Funding is also available to support events hosted by members at their home, such as a summer BBQ, however this requires volunteers willing to lead an event.
Some of the other past events include:
- Goderich Tour, with lunch at the Beech Station Restaurant, Goderich
- Top Down Drive Sunday to Jenny K’s Fresh Produce in Port Rowan, Ontario
- Port Dover Lighthouse Theatre Play and lunch
- Fall Colour Run to Goderich, Ontario
- Ipperwash Beach Club lunch tour
- Mazda Canada Drive Event to Port Burwell, Ontario for lunch and a tour of the HMCS Ojibwa submarine
Some of the perks of joining the group are:
- 20% Discount on Parts & Labour at Forest City Mazda, 652 Wharncliffe Rd S, London
- 10% Discount on Labour, 15% Discount on Parts at Leavens Mazda, 2340 Auto Mall Ave, London
- A great community of members
In order to meet requirements for these benefits we do require that all members attend, if not lead, at least one event per calendar year, with your Miata/MX-5.